The Northwood Foundation Live More Toonie Draw is a weekly 50/50 draw will all proceeds going to fund mental-wellness programs at Northwood. Registration is free and the cost to play is $2.
Toonie Boxes are now located at all three Northwood locations
Look for the red box, write your toonie number on one of the provided stickers, place the sticker on your toonie and drop it in the box (see below for more information).
Tickets can be purchased at anytime from the Foundation office in Dartmouth.
How to Play
- Fill out a registration form which will include your unique number. Only one person per form, however you can register as many times as you like. The number(s) remain yours for life unless retired by you in writing.
- Tear off and keep your copy of the form and deposit the registration form in the bin. It is the player’s responsibility to keep track of their number(s).
- Write your number very clearly on the provided tag and put it in the bin. The tags stay in the bin. One number per tag. If you’ve registered more than one number, use multiple tags.
- In order to win you must play your number. The cost is $2 to play each week for each of your numbers. For each $2, write your number very clearly on a sticker provided. Attach the sticker to your toonie and drop it in the box.
- A number will be drawn each week from ALL registrations received.
- Your number qualifies to win ONLY if you have “paid and played” that week.
- If the number drawn has not been “paid and played” the pot will rollover to the following weeks draw.
- You can only play ONE toonie per number but as many numbers as you want. If you want more chances to win, register another number as there is no advantage to playing the same number more than once as we draw from the registration numbers not the toonies.
- The cut-off time is 4pm each week on Thursday. Weekly draws will be held at 3pm on Friday and the winner will be notified by phone and/or email that same day. The winner will also be announced on the Northwood Foundation website and Northwood’s Facebook page.
- A winner has 90 days to claim a prize, if the prizes is not claimed after 90 days, a new draw must take place, and so on until the prize is claimed.
- The draw’s value is 50% of the total pool each week. In the event a number is drawn that has not been played that week the pot is carried over and added to the following week’s draw.
- Players must be 19 years of age or older.
- Northwood Foundation staff members are not eligible to play.
- Your registered number(s) is yours for life unless retired upon your formal written request.
- Registered numbers will be collected and added to the registration list. Each number will correspond to a player’s name. Registration numbers will then be placed in the drum at the Northwood Foundation office and will remain there indefinitely.
- If a player wants their number removed from the draw, the player must cancel a number, in writing, to have it removed.
- You play more than one Toonie per week you must register for more than one number. There is no limit to the numbers you can register for and play.
- If two numbers are placed on one toonie, it will be considered null and void.
- Each week you wish to play you must place your number on a toonie, and place it in the bin. Your number must be written eligibly on the sticker. Any number that cannot be unanimously interpreted by three of the Northwood Foundation staff at the weekly count will be disqualified from that week’s draw. All Management decisions on the interpretation of numbers on the stickers are final.
- Cut off time for playing each week (to be included in that week’s draw) is 5:00pm on Thursday.
- Draws will be made each Friday at approximately 3:00pm and announced on the Northwood Foundation website and Facebook page.
- If a number is drawn and the number was not played that week, the prize rolls over to the following week. After 4 consecutive roll-over weeks, on the 5th week draws will continue until a winning number is drawn.
- It is the responsibility of the player to inform the Northwood Foundation of any change to their contact information.
- A registration number that has not been played for 52 consecutive weeks will be cancelled. The registration number will be re-issued to a new player.
- The Northwood Foundation reserves the right to make changes without notice and with the approval of the Nova Scotia Alcohol, Gaming, Fuel and Tobacco Division.
- To claim your prize you must present valid photo ID including proof of age.
June 8, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 22, 2018
June 29, 2018
July 6, 2018
July 13, 2018
July 20, 2018
July 27, 2018
August 3, 2018
August 10, 2018
August 17, 2018
August 24, 2018
August 31, 2018
September 7, 2018
September 14, 2018
September 21, 2018
September 28, 2018